Spending Valentine’s Day alone?
Sick of all those obnoxiously cheesy couples out there?
Here are 6 quotes for you to ponder as you embrace being single.
(P.S. Don’t be afraid of clicking the underlined words. It may help brighten your day even more.)
1. “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” – J.K. Rowling
Forget about your ex. Forget about “The One.” The You today is your only significant other. Don’t forget that Living in the Moment is what counts most.
2. “Don’t doubt yourself, that’s what the haters are for.” – Turcois Ominek
Be confident in you own skin. Ignore anyone who tells you otherwise. Fly Higher.
3. “You are not broken. You are not a problem to be solved. Solving your “problem”, whatever you perceive your problem or problems to be, is not the key to happiness.” – Golda Poretsky
To be single doesn’t mean you’re “broken.” You are your own, whole, brilliant individual. You may not be Perfect, but that’s the fun part, isn’t it?
4. “I think everybody’s weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.” – Johnny Depp
Johnny Depp’s weird. I’m weird. We’re all weird. But do not feel weird about being weird. Even though it may not seem like it, many people are wearing their Best Fake Smile. Embrace your weirdness. Embrace your individuality. Embrace being single.
5. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
You can tell me I am not beautiful enough, not popular enough, not wealthy enough. You can try to Strip Me of my confidence, my certainty, and my optimism. But it is my choice, and my choice only, to let you take parts of me away.
6. “May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.” – Nelson Mandela
If you ask that boy to prom, you might get rejected. If you apply to that world-famous university, you might not get in. If you compete in a competition, you might come in last place.
But what if you succeed?
Sometimes, we just have to Live Like We’re Dying.
We hope that we’ve made your day a little brighter!